Friday, April 24, 2009

"The Music Man"

Where to begin... Luke's cousin, Maddie, asked if Kate and Will could be in some scenes of her high school's musical, The Music Man. So I took them to practice last night before the show started. If you know anything about "The Music Man" and anything about Will, you know that this would be right up his alley. There were about 20 kids in the play, along with Kate and Will, and let me just tell you, by the end, the audience didn't remember there were any other kids in it except Will. He was dancing, clapping, marching, acting out that he was playing instruments, the whole 9 yards, while "76 Trombones" was playing. I was literally doubled over with tears streaming down my face it was so funny. He had thrown his inhibitions to the wind. He was actually doing everything the director had practiced with them but just with so much gusto that you couldn't look at anyone else but him (plus he's just so cute, that was a factor too, I'm sure!). So many people came up to us after the show and made such a fuss over him, asking to shake his hand, etc. At the end, all the kids came out to take a bow and Kate and Will weren't with them, so I thought that Will must be grumpy and didn't want to come back out. Oh no. They came out almost at the end of the bows, a little before the main characters, and the audience started clapping so loud. It was so funny. I must admit I was very proud of Kate and Will and how well they did in their theatrical debut! I told Luke when I got home (he stayed home with Hudson since Hudson's still sick) that of all the times we've video taped the kids and it was so boring and uneventful but still nice to have the memories, this was THE time to have the video camera and, of course, I didn't. I'll see if Maddie's school videotaped it and maybe I can get a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment