Monday, April 20, 2009

Kate and Will always look forward to Mondays because they go to tennis in the afternoon, but we almost didn't make it today. Kate must not go to the bathroom at school the whole day because she comes home having to go so badly, so today she didn't make it in time and had an accident. Will had locked Kate's room door so Hudson wouldn't go in there and I tried for 20 min. and could not unlock the door. So we couldn't get in her room to get her tennis skirt and clean underwear and I was so frustrated with the whole scenario. But I finally remembered we had some clean clothes in the dryer (no clean underwear though) so she put on some pants and we hurried out the door, because I needed a break and it punishes all of us when we don't go to tennis! The sad thing was that the lady who taught my class at the gym this morning was there too and I got totally busted for not showering the whole day since the class was at 9 am and I was still in my work out clothes at 4 pm. Oh, well.

Another funny/interesting comment is that when we left the gym this morning, I forgot Hudson's diaper bag inside the gym and we had parked so far away and I had already buckled Huddy in his car seat before I realized it, so I drove up to the front door of the gym, locked the car, and ran in leaving Will and Huddy in the car. I was back in 2 seconds and Will said, "I know why you locked the door when you left us in the car just now.... because you didn't want the squirrels to get us." It was one of those funny odd moments where you don't know where that idea came from but I didn't want to tell him the real reason I locked the car doors because he would get all scared and worried in the future, so I went with the squirrel theory. Those dangerous suburban squirrels!

No comments:

Post a Comment