Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Graduation

Kate graduated from Kindergarten last night and we are so proud of her! Luke will have to add the pictures later. Over all, she has had a good year, even if it's not the year we envisioned for her and we're really happy with her school and all that she's learned. I have to say that, as afraid as I've been of Kate's teacher this year, she was really nice to me last night at the graduation and said that she appreciated how modestly and age-appropriately I dress Kate and that if she had had a daughter, she would've dressed her just like Kate . I would have liked a compliment about Kate's character more than her appearance but I'll take it, considering the compliments of Kate are few and far between this year!

Will and Hudson started swimming lessons yesterday that go for 4 days in a row, then the long weekend off, then 4 more days in a row. Today was cancelled because of the weather but yesterday went well. Will had forgotten everything he learned last summer but hopefully it'll come back soon. Then he watched Huddy and me take the mommy and baby class. Hudson did great, has no fear, and liked the water, even going under. He wants me to just let him go and I'm tempted to do it since he's so stubborn and fights me the whole time. I was hoping to get the results back from some lab work he had done but we haven't heard anything today. He's had stomach problems and lost some weight over the last month and 1/2 and we'd like to know what's causing it and treat it.

Today when I picked Will up from mothers' morning out, the teacher said that he was very athletic, which was nice, but then she followed it up with, "but he ran into the wall in the gym because he was racing with the other kids and didn't want to slow down before hitting the wall because then he might lose the race." This sounds a lot like a story about Nona when she was a little girl so I guess I know where he got his competitive edge. It couldn't be from Papa too or any of Luke's side of the family, I'm sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment