Friday, May 4, 2012

Isaiah's sweetest prayer

I prayed with Isaiah last night before he went to bed.  We have never said one bad thing about Zambia to Isaiah and always portrayed it as a wonderful place where went to get him.  That is why this caught me so off guard. 

Dear Jesus,

I have a mom.  I have a dad.  I have a sister.  I have a Kate.  I have a brother.  I have a Will.  I have a Hudson.  I was sad in Zambia, then mommy came and got me and now I'm happy.  And then Nona came.  And pray for Martee's knee.  In Jesus name, Amen.

It's like he is really expressing all these things in the last week or so.  He has said 5 or 6 times, just out of the blue, "I have a family"  

Very sad, but also so glad to hear him say he is happy.  You always wonder what is going on inside a child that has experienced so much change.  So thankful for that little insight into his heart, and so thankful for such a sweet son.

2 comments:

  1. SO precious, Kelley! What a gift that God allowed you to see what He's doing in your son's heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, you don't know me, I found your blog while searching for the House of Moses online. I recently came home from Zambia. We are in the process of adopting from there and I'd love it if you would email me and we could share experiences. I need people to help guide me through their process so I know what to do, since the process in Zambia is a little different than most... Thank you, Britta

    barefootbritta @ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete